Why you should have your soft furnishings cleaned regularly
Upholstery cleaning is something that many people want to have done in their home, but they are not sure it is worth the time or the money to do it.
Here are four reasons to have your upholstery cleaned regularly.
- Appearance of furniture – The main reason that cleaning is done to upholstery is to help maintain the appearance of your furniture. It will help keep your furniture looking nicer for a longer period of time, which is especially important if your furniture is new. No one wants to have furniture that looks old and worn down from dirt and grime that is on there, but with regular cleaning you can easily prevent this so you furniture looks as nice as you want it to.
- Extended wear of your furniture – Most people don’t have the money that is needed to keep replacing their furniture when it gets worn out. Cleaning your upholstery on a regular basis can prevent this because the dirt and grime will make your furniture age faster and keeping it clean will help it last longer.
- Family’s health – The health of your family is very important and keeping your furniture clean will help keep your family healthier.
- Good air quality – Most people don’t realise that cleaning your upholstery can help with the air quality in your home. Problems that cleaning will get rid of that helps with the air quality include: mould, dust, mildew and even other allergens.
Professional upholstery cleaning
Our staff are trained on how to identify which type of upholstery you have which is critical to get the best results and avoid any damage to your soft furnishings. We use safe and effective non toxic cleaning products along with the latest and most powerful hot water extraction cleaning machines available, ensuring excellent results and quick drying times.
Our staff are accredited by the IICRC and are members of the NCCA so you can be assured of getting the very best services from us.
Spots and stains
If you've stained the upholstery on a favorite chair, keep in mind this stain is much different than a stain on your favorite piece of clothing. While stains on most of your clothing can be easily treated and washed out, stains on curtains or upholstery are much harder to remove for a few reasons:
• Many fabrics can't come into contact with water, or else they will be irreparably damaged. This means spot-cleaning minor stains on your upholstery or curtains requires more preparation and a different approach from cleaning stained clothing.
• While it might be easy to throw out your old stained clothing, curtains and furniture are an investment of hundreds to thousands of pounds, and the right maintenance will help them last as long as possible.
If you decide to hire a professional to treat your upholstery stain, you'll get the best results if you've been maintaining the furniture with regular dusting, brushing, and rotating seat cushions.
Call us to arrange for a free inspection and quotation on 01749 987315.